Description: I am planning on holding a virtual cooking outing for scouts who are interested in working towards getting their tenderfoot and second class cooking requirements.
We will be covering very useful and important requirements during the outing:
1. Importance of sharing work between patrol members in meal preparation and cleanup.
2. How to safely clean items/utensils that are used to prepare, serve, and eat a meal.
3. How to select foods from MyPlate(creating a meal plan), importance of good nutrition, and how to transport the food that you’ve selected.
4. Necessary items to have in a patrol box
5. Live demonstration of how to set up a propane stove along with the safety precautions to keep in mind when using this stove.
For the scouts who register, please make sure to read over the tenderfoot and second class reqs they need.
Date: January 30th 11:00 am
ASM: Mr. Dipinder Khurana
Secondary Adult Leader: Mrs. Avanthi Gunturu
SPL: Pranav Gunturu